Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A finish!!!!!! is A GoOd ThInGs

Well,
I finally finished Birds of a Feather "Good Things" I stitched on Cashel linen, 28ct Putty using Sampler threads and DMC.

Kellie and her friend is always at our house making cookie dough. This time we did something a little different.

Salt Dough Fun yeah!!!! I forgot all about it, I use to make it for the older kids when they were younger. let me show you a pic of the unpainted creations, before I give the recipe

Now for the recipe please read the whole thing before you start.

2 cups flour

1 cup salt

Add water, a little at a time, stir, add a little more flour it it gets too sticky.

knead the dough until it is soft and smooth, with no lumps.

After you make the figures, place them on a cookie sheet with aluminium foil. Low heat 200 F bake till hard, if they are still a little damp on the bottom it will dry nice in the sun. The girls figures were left in the oven for about 3 hrs. depending the size, they were still kind of soft on the bottom, but painted them anyway. The girls also wet the parts with a brush and water to make them stick together.

The dough is safe for all ages, if they like salt, lol.

Let cool before painting, you can also use a clear shiny glaze coating too. So do you want to the the results....

Oh! wait a minute I received two awards

The first by Sally


And the second by Dawn B.The idea of blogging is cool enough, but then to do it with a touch of 'kreativity' is fun! I've seen so many outstanding blogs, some simple, others more complex, and enjoy so many of them for what makes them unique. A person's blog style, color choice, and content allows us to know more about each other across the miles and foster friendships. So I humbly accept these awards for whatever reason makes me 'kreativ' and passing it onto these 5 'kreativ's' :You can accept this award and pass it on to five. Linking back to the person whom gave it to you.

I spent alot of time scanning blogs and each and everyone I choose had at least one of these two awards.

Now I will show the little critters.

It will be interesting what your little future artist create.

Thank You all for visiting me and leaving comments and e-mails, I do enjoy them.

Happy Stitching! and Don't forget to floss!

P.S. The Spooky Row alphabet is NOT glow-in-the-dark thread.

10 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Oh COOL! Congrats! It looks so lovely Ranae :o) It makes me want to pick up mine again. I don't know if that's a 'good thing' or not. LOL!

What fun! I remember using that but I don't remember ever painting it. You guys did a great job :o)

Also, congrats on your awards! I love how you explained that each of our Blogs shows our own unique personalities :o)

Sharon said...

Lovely finish! Congrats on that and your two awards. Your dough finishes are cute.

Sally said...

I LOVE your finish Ranae! It is so colourful and it makes me smile:)

The salt dough figures looks fun!

Congratulations on your awards:)

mainely stitching said...

Cool!! We'll be trying your salt dough recipe in the very near future! :D

I love your finish. I started this years ago for Niek, but the border just drove me to distraction... LOL!

Sandra said...

The sampler is gorgeous!!! Great stitching!

Sue said...

Congratulations on a cute finish. I love the dough creatures ;)

Julie said...

A wonderful finish, i love it!

Your dough finishes are so sweet

congrats on the award Ranae

Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations on the finish, it is gorgeous. Love the salt dough creations.

Kathy said...

Great finish. Looks good.

Love the little painted critters. I bet you had fun working with the kids in making them.

Stitchingranny said...

Im just going to write this all down - I had forgotten that I used to do this with my children and I am sure Oz will love doing that on a rainy day.